Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New York Fashion Week: Christian Siriano


I've just discovered that I am in love with Christian Siriano!
Ho appena scoperto di adorare Christian Siriano!


I've never heard of Christian Siriano before yesterday, but his collection introduced him better than 1,000 words.
He started his career in London, where he interned in Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen ateliers. When he moved to New York he became the youngest winner of "Project Runway" and now his collections are sold at Saks Fifth Avenie and Neiman Marcus (but not in Europe, and that's the reason of my fashion gap) and won the consent of the fashion editors worldwide.

I must admit that Christian is truly "the next great American fashion designer", as Tim Gunn called him. His collection is absolutely the best one I've seen so far on NYFW: simple, girly just to the right point, dreamy and at the same time perfectly wearable.  Have a look and fall in love!
 

Non avevo mai sentito parlare di Christian Siriano prima di ieri, ma i suoi abiti lo hanno presentato meglio di 1000 parole.
Il ragazzo ha iniziato la carriera negli atelier di Vivienne Westwood e Alexander McQueen prima di diventare il più giovane vincitore di "Project Runway". Le sue collezioni sono in vendita da Saks Fifth Avenue e Neiman Marcus (ma sfortunatamente non in europa, ed ecco spiegata la mia lacuna) e si sono guadagnate il consenso delle fashion editor di tutto il mondo. 

Devo ammettere che Christian è considerato a ragione il ragazzo prodigio della moda americana. La collezione che ha presentato sulla passerella è la più bella che io abbia visto fino ad ora: semplice, leziosa al punto giusto, magica e allo stesso tempo portabilissima. Guardare per credere!






















Photos via Elle.com

If you like my blog, follow me with Bloglovin and Twitter. I love my followers!

7 comments:

FAB said...

Gorgeous! You're right...simple and girly! Classic, with a little fun mixed in, and I love his choice of fabrics! All of them look delicate and move so fluidly with the body! Love it! (I'm in the States and I had never heard him until just now-so don't feel bad!LOl)
Cheryl

Stanique said...

I really love this collection! I actually watched the season that he won. Very talented! Love the last dress!

Practically Coffee

Jeanine said...

Now I know who he is :) I used to watch every episode of that season of Project Runway!
Just didn't recognize the name, because I only always saw hie first name.

Gabrielle said...

Looooove me some Christian Siriano! Not sure if you have Payless Shoes where you're at, but he designs a really affordable line for them. Here's his Fall 2011 line: http://www.payless.com/store/catalog/brandlisting.jsp?trail=1014%3A600002&catId=cat10376&brandId=600002

Mary said...

Hello, I like Christian Siriano, Fantástic colecction.
Kisssssssssss.
Happy day.
http://mary1975.blogs.elle.es/

Unknown said...

I just viewed this collection last night an I am in love!!!!!!! By the way, I'm fro ifb and came on here to check out your blog and I love it! I am following now. :) Check mine out and if you like it, feel free to follow as well!
xx

chicstayathome.blogspot.com

DespinaStyle said...

I completely agree. hes super talented and so inspirational the quality of shoes he designs for payless. I cant get over the six ensemble. totally FAB

x Moyo
Despinastyle.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...