Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy birthday "American Girl in Italy"


The iconic picture turns 60 today.
Questa foto storica compie oggi 60 anni.

 Today my amazing boyfriend (aka the source of all my non fashion related news) found out that the iconic picture "American Girl in Italy" turns 60 years. It was in fact the 1952 when the photographer Ruth Orkins shot one of the most representative images of the "Italian charm". And, as an "Italian girl in Sweden", I could't find a better excuse to share such a beautiful picture.

Oggi il mio fantastico fidanzato (meglio conosciuto come la fonte di tutte le mie notizie non legate alla moda) ha scoperto che la famosissima fotografia "American Girl in Italy" compie 60 anni. Era infatti il 1952 l'anno in cui la fotografa Ruth Orkins scattò una delle immagini che meglio rappresentano l'Italia del dopoguerra. E io che sono una "Italian Girl in Sweden" ho pensato fosse un'ottima occasione per condividere una foto così bella.

If you like my blog, follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter, I love my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...