Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Knife: Shaking the Habitual and everyone's body


I rarely blog about music and concerts, but this one was really worth a post :)
Parlo raramente di musica, ma questo concerto si è conquistato un post di diritto :)

Their last album is called "Shaking the habitual" and The Knife decided to interpret the title literally and to have their concert in an hangar just outside Stockholm, far away from the classic locations.
Getting there was the first step of a mystical journey that lead me through green parks and wooden houses, to a dark and desert-hot hangar, where a hooded band brought everyone in there to ecstasy. It was almost like being in a Kubrick's movie...

A performance more than a concert, that maybe disappointed the ones that expect to see instrument and faces in a live show, but that really fascinated me for the pure energy that from the stage arrived straight to the audience. Dancers, lights, sweat and almost tribal sounds, I felt like I was part of a metropolitan tribe and I danced like I hadn't in a long while. If you have the chance, go and see their show, you'll not be disappointed, I promise.


Il loro ultimo album si chiama "Shaking the habitual" e i The Knife hanno preso il titolo alla lettera decidendo di tenere il loro concerto di Stoccolma in un hangar appena fuori città, lontanissimo dalle location classiche.
Arrivare è stato il primo passo di un percorso quasi mistico che, passando tra prati verdi e casette in legno, mi ha portato in un capannone buio e caldissimo, dove una band incappucciata ha mandato tutti in estasi. E' stato quasi come essere in un film di Kubrick...


Una performance più che un concerto, che potrebbe far storcere il naso a chi su un palco vuole vedere i volti e gli strumenti, ma che ha assolutamente affascinato me, per la forza e l'energia che dal palco è arrivata fino a noi. Ballerini, luci, sudore e suoni quasi tribali, che mi hanno fatto sentire un po' parte di una tribù metropolitana e che mi ha fatto ballare come non facevo da anni. Se vi capita andateli a vedere, non ve ne pentirete.








  If you like my blog, follow me on Facebook, Bloglovin, Twitter. I love my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...