Tuesday, January 21, 2014

And at Haute Couture they wore…trainers


Are sneakers the ultimate couture shoes? They think so at Club Cambon.
E se le sneakers fossero diventate tutto d'un tratto il massimo dell'eleganza? Al Club Cambon la pensano così.

It might sound like a fashion heresy, but at the first glance I absolutely hated the Chanel haute couture collection.
The oversized proportions, the extremely skinny models, the glittery knee pads, not to talk about those sneakers. OMG those sneakers are almost as offensives to me as Birkenstocks and white socks on Vogue, something that goes beyond my understanding.
I tried to understand (who am I to criticize the kaiser?) and I watched the show again. I tried to delete those sneakers from my view and there I found it. I found that something that was screaming haute couture: the fabric, the magnificence, unbelievable fabrics.
But besides the splendor of the bouclé and the sublime embroideries, a big black hole. To me this collection is just a big provocation, it is marketing that meets haute couture. It is something miles away from the poetry I want from Chanel.

Those silhouettes? Humn, not sure

 Potrebbe sembrare un'eresia, ma al primo sguardo davanti alla sfilata haute couture di Chanel ho avuto una sola reazione: ma che è sta roba?!
Proporzioni over, modelle troppo magre, ginocchiere glitter, per non parlare nemmeno delle scarpe da ginnastica. Quelle maledette scarpe sono state per me un pugno in un occhio come un paio di Birkenstock con i calzini bianchi su Vogue, qualcosa che va al di la della mia comprensione.
Ho cercato di capire (chi sono io per criticare il kaiser?) e ho riguardato la sfilata. Ho cercato con tutte le forze di eliminare quelle sneakers dalla mia vista e improvvisamente mi è apparso. Lui, quel qualcosa che gridava alta moda: il tessuto! I magnifici, incredibili tessuti. Ma al di là della magnificenza del bouclé e dei sublimi ricami, il vuoto. Per me questa collezione è solo un'enorme provocazione, è marketing che si fa alta moda. E' qualcosa di lontano anni luce dalla poesia che mi aspetto da Chanel.


Knee pads and sneakers, amazing if it was Nike and not haute couture




Finale, not one single pair of heels on the catwalk

  If you like my blog, follow me on Facebook, Bloglovin, Twitter. I love my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...