Friday, September 26, 2014

My Milano Fashion Week

Versace

Last week I was in Milan for the fashion week, this is what I have seen..
La settimana scorsa sono stata alla settimana della moda di Milano, ecco quello che ho visto..

The people from Milan say "Milan is always Milan" to emphasize the beauty of the richness of their city and I more than agree with them, especially when it comes to fashion. I think that Milan has one of the strongest voices in the world, but this time around the fashion week left me with mixed feelings.

I have seen extremely talented young designers, like the amazing Paula Cademartori who is becoming one of the brightest stars in the world of accessory design. I have seen designers going back to their roots and talking straight to their customers. A glittery and kaleidoscopical Versace, a seventies' inspired Gucci, a sophisticated symphony in blue at Armani and a a philosophical Prada that is still challenging my mind. I've seen a lot of buyers interested in what they were seeing on the catwalks and making orders in the fairs. I have felt the creativity in the air.

But I have also seen a packed four-days calendar that made impossible for anybody to see everything. I have seen locations chosen just to feed the designer's ego, with no consideration for the logistic of the entire fashion week. And I have seen small labels incredibly banning pictures and Instagram.

I have seen a city that was more focused on promoting individuals and pleasing potent editor in chief than on promoting one of the best thing we have, the "Made in Italy". I have seen a lot of lost opportunities but I also heard a lot of people talking about it and trying to find a way to improve.

Milan is not Paris (yet) but it can get there, especially if everybody follows the example of Stefano Gabbana, who used his Instagram to promote not only his own, but all Milan's shows. My hope is all for February.

Dolce & Gabbana

Come si dice "Milan l'è semper Milan", non potrei essere più d'accordo, soprattutto se si parla di moda. Sono fermamente convinta che a Milano ci siano alcune tra le voci più interessanti e potenti di tutta la fashionsfera, ma questa volta la settimana della moda mi ha lasciata con l'amaro in bocca.

Ho visto giovani talenti, come la fantastica Paula Cademartori, brillare sempre più splendenti. Ho visto stilisti tornare alle loro radici e parlare direttamente ai propri fan. Un caleidoscopio Versace, un Gucci anni settanta, una sofisticata sinfonia in blu da Armani e una Prada filosofica, su cui sto ancora riflettendo. Ho visto tantissimi buyer interessati seduti nelle prime file delle sfilate e impegnati a fare ordini nelle fiere. Ho visto la creatività che tutto il mondo ci invidia.

Ma ho anche visto un affollatissimo calendario di quattro giorni che ha reso impossibile a chiunque vedere tutto. Ho visto location di sfilate e presentazioni scelte più per soddisfare ego smisurati che non per venire incontro a palesi esigenza logistiche. E ho incredibilmente visto piccoli brand bandire foto e Instagram.

Ho visto una città concentrata più sul promuovere individui ed esigenze di potenti direttori che non sulla promozione di una delle cose più preziose che abbiamo, il "Made in Italy". Ho visto moltissime opportunità perse, ma ho anche sentito molti parlarne e cercare una soluzione.

Milano non è (ancora) Parigi, ma può diventarlo, specialmente se tutti seguissero l'esempio di Stefano Gabbana che ha utilizzato il suo profilo instagram per promuovere non solo la sua, ma tutte le sfilate di Milano. La mia speranza è tutta per febbraio.


Gucci

 Paula Cademartori

Prada

Stefano Gabbana's Instagram with pic from all Milan's catwalks


If you like my blog, follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter, I love my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...