Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year's resolutions

Me at my first half marathon finish line

2015 is 8 days old and it is time for me to start working on my new years resolutions and I need your help.
Il 2015 è arrivato da 8 giorni ed è tempo di iniziare ad impegnarsi sui progetti per l'anno nuovo e, nel mio caso, ho bisogno anche del vostro aiuto.
If you know me or are one of my readers, you know that there is one other thing that I love as much as fashion: running.
Nothing is able to challenge myself, to bring tears (both of joy and pain) to my eyes and to give me that sense of freedom as running. If you are a runner you know it: every effort and sweat is worth the feeling of accomplishment that you get at the finish line, that pure joy. This year I decided to build one of my new year's resolution on this passion, wanting to transform it into something that could help some people. Something that can make the joy and the good vibes that running gives me circulate.

My dream is to run the Berlin Half Marathon in March and to do it for a charity. I started a fundraising page with Alvarum, the lead organization for online fundraising, to give all the money that I can collect to the German Childhood Cancer Fund and, if I achieve my goal of fundraise 500 Euros, run to support them.
I spread the word with my family and friends and I almost got half way, but I am sure that with your help I can achieve the final 500 Euros.
You can visit my fundraising page at http://www.alvarum.com/francescacortesi and if you wish, help me to do something good. And remember: sharing is caring, spread the word with everyone you know, it is for a good cause. Thank you!!!!

Smiling in the last km of a half-marathon long training: mission accomplished


Se mi conoscete o leggete il mio blog sapete che c'è un'altra cosa che amo quanto la moda: correre.
Niente mi spinge a superare me stessa, mi fa piangere (di dolore e di gioia) e mi dà la sensazione di libertà che è in grado di darmi la corsa. Se siete dei runner lo sapete: ogni sforzo, ogni goccia di sudore è ripagata dalla gioia pura che si prova superato il traguardo.
Quest'anno uno dei propositi per l'anno nuovo parte proprio da questa mia passione e dalla voglia di farla diventare qualcosa che possa anche aiutare gli altri,  cercando di mettere in circolo un po' di quella felicità che correre mi fa scorrere nelle vene.

Il mio sogno è quello di correre la mezza maratona di Berlino a marzo e di farlo sostenendo una charity. Ho cominciato la mia pagina per raccogliere fondi con Alvarum, l'organizzazione leader per le raccolte fondi online, e ho deciso di dare il mio contributo per aiutare un'associazione per i bambini malati di cancro. Se riuscirò a raggiungere il minimo di donazioni richieste potrò correre per loro.
Ho chiesto aiuto a famiglia  amici e sono riuscita a raccogliere quasi la metà dei 500 euro che mi servono, e sono sicura che con il vostro aiuto riuscirò ad arrivare a raccoglierli tutti.
Potete vedere la mia pagina per la raccolta fondi su
http://www.alvarum.com/francescacortesi  e se volete aiutatemi a fare qualcosa di buono. E ricordate: passate parola, è per una buona causa. Grazie mille!!!!

Me and my running group this summer

If you like my blog, follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter, I love my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...