Thursday, February 26, 2015

Gucci Fall 2015: A new era for Gucci, or maybe not?


Was the first collection of the Michele's era a hero or a zero?
La prima collezione dell'era di Alessandro Michele è stato un successo o un flop?

I watched and re-watched the Gucci show yesterday and I still do not know either I like it or not. There is something that I really like in that collection yet it doesn't convince me completely.

I must say that Alessandro Michele, the new creative director, took a big risk breaking the sexy thread that Tom Ford and Frida Giannini build - BIG LIKE to the courage - but are those romantic bohemians really Gucci? I do not really know.

I could see Gucci in the magnificent flowers prints that Michele took directly from the archives, but there is nothing that says Gucci to me in the furry loafers or in the need of mixing (again) male and females on the catwalk.
The time (and the sales) will tell if this collection was the first of a new era or not, for now I'll just keep my doubts. And what are your thoughts?


Ieri ho guardato e riguardato la sfilata di Gucci e ancora non sono riuscita a capire se mi è piaciuta oppure no. Ci sono dei particolare che ho assolutamente adorato e altri elementi che non mi sono piaciuti affatto.

Devo dire che ammiro il coraggio che Alessandro Michele, il nuovo direttore creativo, ha dimostrato nel rompere il fil rouge basato sulla donna sexy che Tom Ford e Frida Giannini avevano costruito - VIVA il coraggio - ma queste bohémien romantiche che ha presentato sulla passerella sono davvero da Gucci? Non saprei.

Vedo Gucci nelle magnifiche stampe floreali che Michele è andato a ripescare direttamente dagli archivi, ma non vedo per nulla Gucci nei polacchini con la pelliccia o nella necessita di avere modelli in passerella.
Il tempo (e le vendite) diranno se questa è stata la prima collezione di una nuova era, per ora rimango con i miei dubbi. E voi che ne dite?





If you like my blog, follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter, I love my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...